Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things

1. I have always known that I wanted to work with children. I thought seriously about being a pediatrician for awhile but knew that teaching was truly my calling.

2. I am not afraid to run away from trains when my car is stuck on the rails. (That's only beginning to be funny to me now. LOL!)

3. I bite my nails which is a horrible, disgusting habit. I have done it since I was at least 3 and just can't seem to stop...even though I have tried.

4. I loved living in Germany but missed my family and friends terribly.

5. I love the color yellow. I can't wear it but I love it.

6. I have always wanted to be a mother.

7. I would love to learn how to run but I can't seem to get the breathing thing down. I tend to hold my breath when I run. Not a good thing.

8. I think of my twin angels every day and I wish it didn't make people uncomfortable when they come up in conversation.

9. I love naps!

10. When I am sleeping, my shoulders must be covered with the sheets/blankets at all times...including the summer.

11. I love sleeping with a ceiling fan on...even in the winter.

12. I WILL NOT wear socks to bed...even if it's freezing.

13. It took me 6 connections and over 24 hours for me to fly to Korea to visit Dave who was stationed there. I could have gotten there faster but I couldn't turn down a cheap ticket.

14. I cherish my childhood friends and wish I could see them more often. We must book that lake trip this year!

15. My brother and I are 9 years apart and I love the relationship we have because/in spite of it.

16. When I was young, my Dotty (great-grandmother) was my best friend.

17. I love just about anything pickled.

18. I finished my Masters in Ed. Admin in August of 2007.

19. I am considering getting another Masters of some sort.

20. Hi, my name is Stacy and I am a recovering control freak. However, God never tires of reminding me that He is in control (ex. train) I hope I learn how to let him do this soon so maybe I won't have to have so much remediation on this particular topic!

21. I think my Pop is one of the most fascinating people. Barbara Walters should really interview him.

22. I get to work every day with some of my best friends.

23. I believe in life it is all about attitude. My students know my motto, "Attitude is everything!" and are good at reminding each other of it when necessary.

24. I thought I would be scared to drive on the Autobahn but I LOVED it!

25. Most times, I would much rather stay in than go out. But when I do go out, I like to do it up right!

4 comments:

The Runyons said...

totally forgot you had a blog! adding you to mine now and putting you on my list to follow! i didn't see your mom at church, but i'll keep looking for her. maybe she is at another Episcopal church in town? anyway ... love you much!

The Marlatts said...

I am soooooooo looking forward to you blogging away this summer, missy. I am totally blog-stalking - and you don't give me lots of ammo!

The Marlatts said...

I can't wait for you to start back to blogging!

The Runyons said...

way way past time for a blog entry! love ya!