Saturday, January 24, 2009

Counting my blessings

Just wanted to take a minute to jot down some of my many blessings. (In no particular order!)

*Jack and Gabby-I have two hilarious animals that constantly make me laugh and show their unselfish love. Whether it's Jack who truly believes he is a big dog and will do anything to protect me from that dreaded garage door sound or Gabby who always seems to know when I need a little extra love, I have the two most precious little animals living with me.

*My "kids"- I love my job. While it is not always easy, it is always rewarding and I really feel like I am making a difference if only a small one. I hope that the kiddos in my class can one day look back and remember their year in 1st grade fondly.

* My brother- He and I are 9 years apart and we have always had a very special relationship. Sure, we would argue and fuss like all brothers and sisters, but we knew we always had each other. Last year, he was very sick and I was very afraid that we were going to lose him. It was very scary. I am beyond thankful that he is still here and I am so proud him. (Did I mention that he is on the Dean's List?!?!)

*My nephew- My nephew is the light of my life! He is so much fun and I love spending time with him. The last couple of times that I have been with him, he would open his cute little mouth and it seemed like he was trying to eat me. :) I jokingly mentioned this to his parents, and they said that he was giving me kisses. How stinkin' cute is that?!?

*My "sisters"- I have a great group of girlfriends. Some I get to see every day (1st grade rocks!) and some it seems like forever since I have seen them. My resolution this year (one of many) is to do a better job of staying in touch. Being busy is no longer an excuse!!!

*Beth Moore Bible Studies- I did the Daniel Bible study this past fall and it was beyond amazing. I learned so many things and had great fellowship with some fabulous ladies. We start a study of Esther in February-I can't wait!

*My mom- My mom is truly one of those phenomenal women. If I can be only half of the woman and mother that she is, I will consider myself lucky. When I was growing up and thought my world was ending(Oh the teenage years!!!), my mom would tell me, "Cream rises to the top, and baby, you're cream!" I have found myself repeating that same advice to my friends on more than one occasion, and I think it's catching on. I guess I am like my mother. Lol!

*My Pop- Every moment that I get to spend with my grandfather is truly a blessing. He has accomplished so much in his lifetime and I am thankful that I am his "Goosie girl."

*My dad- My dad is very understanding of others. His patience, compassion and empathy for other people's situations is truly inspiring. He is also one of the hardest workers I have ever seen!

*My husband- I am such a lucky girl to have someone that loves me for me...even the good, bad and the ugly. This past year has made us even stronger and I am so thankful for man I love.

*My God- Without Him, none of these other things would be possible. He has been there for me when no one else knew how to be. He is faithful and true.

1 comment:

The Marlatts said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY! You made another post!!! I can't wait to read another one in 5 more months! lol. It's nice to hear your grateful heart and good to be thankful!