Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I heard a train a comin'




Yesterday morning was the most terrifying morning I have ever been through. There was a point in time in which I truly thought that I might not make it out of it alive. So, to fill you in...let's start from the beginning.

I was on my way to school Monday morning using the same route that I always do. As I was about to go over the train tracks, I noticed two men that were walking around by the tracks (I assumed they were railroad men). I also noticed some extra gravel around the edges of the track so I thought, "Good. These tracks needed a little more cushion." However, my car got stuck on the rails while I was crossing. (I was by the Cabot Admin. office and my tires got stuck in a huge dip while going over the tracks. I thought that they had just added more rocks to make it easier to go over the tracks but in reality the rocks had gotten pushed out of the way from the traffic to make a huge hole that I could not get out of.) A train started coming aand the guard bar went down on top of my car and it was really scary. Everyone got out of the way(I actually grabbed my purse and a friend of mine's child's backpack and RAN!) and no one was hurt (Praise God!) but a truck that had stopped too close to the tracks got demolished in front of my eyes. The men in the truck had stopped so that the men could survey the area. Then once I got stuck the men were helping me get my car out of the way. What great good Samaritans! Even after their truck was destroyed (think tin can), they still helped me get my car off the tracks. (This crossing has 2 set of RR tracks. My car was on one set and the train came on the other set...Another PRAISE GOD!) God truly sent His angels down to protect me today. After talking with the RR detectives as well as Cabot's finest, I know exactly how lucky I am . I was also reassured at knowing that the tracks should not have been in that condition and that it would be taken care of immediatly. I hope all of that makes sense. I am still pretty shaken up but I definitely know that I am blessed. Once fellow Cabotian came up and told me that I should go play the lottery that day because it was my lucky day. It sure was!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hey girl;

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I'm sure glad you didn't get hurt yesterday.

Girl, we got pounded yesterday and I am sooooo glad to see the sun shining brightly this morning.

Casey said...

Wow, you are one lucky girl. That could have been really bad.

The Marlatts said...

Holy cow!!! That's sooooo scary! I am glad you got out ok...and can I be a long lost relative with that lottery ticket????